Rocket Riot is a downloadable video game developed by Dutch company Codeglue for the Xbox 360's Xbox Live Arcade service and the Market Place for Windows Phone 7. The title is published by THQ and was released on June 17, 2009.
The concept for Rocket Riot was created by Dutch company Coin-Op Interactive. Codeglue purchased the game concept and took on development duties, with Coin-Op providing assistance as creative director. Dutch company SonicPicnic composed all the music and made all the sound effects for the game.
Rocket riot is an arena shooter in which the player controls a jetpack-powered character wielding a rocket launcher. The character can be moved in any direction using the left joystick, while the right joystick is used to aim the weapon, by choosing the angle and the power of the shot. Players move in a closed arena, where every object is destructible with rockets. This allow players to create shortcuts, hide themselves, but also sometimes release power-ups that can boost the player's attack or defense, create a silly effect (for example making the rocket launcher fires basketball balls or skulls) or be a trick power-up dangerous for the player (for example replacing the rocket launcher with a fake gun that doesn't shoot but release a small "BANG" flag).
Although the main action is to kill others players (played by AI or others players), the game offers multiples modes with different goals. Some are for solo play only, some can be played in multiplayer locally (same screen or using a LAN link between consoles), and others are only playable through Xbox Live :
- Campaign : Solo mode only. 80 missions with varying goals.
- Endurance (named Co-op if played in multiplayers) : The goal is to kill all the AI-controlled enemies to clear the level. There are 4*(number of players) enemies on the first level, and then each new level add 1*(number of players) enemies to the total number of enemies.
- Golden Gun : Multiplayer mode only. Players must grab the golden gun and shoot others players in order to score points.
- Rugby Riot : Xbox Live mode only. Played between two teams. Each team tries to grab the ball and run to the goal to score points but the player holding the ball can't fire its weapon.
- Destroy the Object : Xbox Live mode only. Played between two teams. Each team tries to destroy the other team's object, while defending its own object.
- ↑ Codeglue page
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Coin-Op: Rocket Riot page
- ↑ Coin-Op
- ↑ SonicPicnic
- ↑ http://www.ztgamedomain.com/7907/Rocket-Riot.html
- ↑ http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/rocketriot/review.html
- ↑ http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/995/995392p1.html
- ↑ Template:Cite news
- ↑ Template:Cite news